Thursday, January 30, 2014

Watercolor Techniques - How to paint a fish

If you ever wondered 'How to draw a fish?" or "Is painting a fish easy?" You have come to the right place. It is indeed simple to draw/paint a fish.

After following this step by step fish tutorial, I believe you would have painted a fish like the one below:

Koi Fish Painting


Materials:
1. Card Stock or watercolor paper or any good quality paper for painting
2. Watercolor or you may even use Acrylics
3. Brushes -Round brush (No. 2) and 1 big brush for background
4. Brush Tank or a big glass of water to clean the brushes

Step by step fish tutorial


Start by mixing orange into yellow paint. Put down some paint with your round brush, the way shown below.

Step by step fish tutorial

Next step has two more colors: 1. Orange and  2. Orange with white 

 You don't have to follow it exactly. Just try to get the shape of the fish. 

Step by step fish tutorial


Use thalo blue to define the shapes even better. You may even paint the tiny eyes at this time.

Step by step fish tutorial

Paint the fins and do the background.

For the background, just play with your blues and greens and even some yellow.


If you like this tutorial, let me know about it by posting your comments. 

If you liked this tutorial, you may like this one too. How to draw a rose



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it
for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got
this from. thanks

my web blog: game development companies in illinois

George Anto said...

Holy Cow!
Erm, Holy Fish!
My words are fumbling. Oh, Fish! :D
This fishy looks too real.
Might be real perhaps. ;)
In a way you could draw all sorts of extinct species and bring 'em back to life.

Merinal Brunda said...

Well, thanks for your appreciation. This is my own design using the default blogger template. I customized a bit according to my liking. I wanted to keep it simple, neat and a bit colorful. The header image was created by me using Flash.

Merinal Brunda said...

Thanks George! I liked your idea. I'll give it a thought. ;)